Re: BDMV Files

BDMV Files (November 10, 2014 11:29AM) Rogue2x
I recently finished a shoot and when i got back to my studio to log footage i noticed that the usual .mts video files on my camera were coming up as one BDMV file. I did some research to find out that these are apparently blue ray files and I'm wondering....

1. would this have changed due to my recently upgrading to OS X Yosimite or is this something that was changed in my camera settings?

2. Am i able to open, re-save and use these files with FCP 7?

Thanks for any and all help anyone can pass along i very much appreciate it.

cheers

R
Re: BDMV Files (November 14, 2014 01:49AM) Trig Simon
Re: BDMV Files (December 03, 2014 01:12PM) chrisbrone
My parents have a digital camcorder. A week long vacation with said camcorder, my parents produces a fair amount of raw footage. I wisely snapped up all the footage from their camera hoping to eventually run it through Final Cut Pro. Turning out their camcorder stores its clips in MTS/AVCHD format, and I didn't grab all the necessary files like the mentioned "BDMV". As a result, Final Cut Pro cannot import the MTS video clips. What I've done is to batch convert those MTS clips to ProRes with Brorsoft's MTS Converter for Mac as some guys stressed that it's impossible to import single MTS video to FCP no matter what's version.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login