Re: New project stutters.

New project stutters. (November 12, 2014 02:34PM) Trig Simon
Re: New project studders. (November 12, 2014 08:22PM) ronny courtens
Re: New project stutters. (November 13, 2014 04:33AM) Trig Simon
Ronny, I have 7.5 hours of media to import. Should this take 45 minutes to import? That is the rate it is importing.

And, do I have to wait for import to finish before starting the long process of creating a mutlicam?

Trig

Re: New project studders. (November 13, 2014 04:39AM) ronny courtens
I have no idea how long this takes to import. You will have to wait until everything is fully imported.

It is never a good idea to do anything with footage that is not imported yet.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: New project stutters. (November 13, 2014 05:47AM) Trig Simon
Re: New project stutters. (November 13, 2014 05:52AM) ronny courtens
That is a slow drive, made for simple backups. For multicam you need fast external drives. That's possibly the cause of your issues.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: New project stutters. (November 13, 2014 08:30AM) Trig Simon
Ronny, OK, I switched over to another drive on another project. It is working smoothly on a different 2Tb drive. Can't find the specs on it to see what the read/write numbers are.

Two questions;

First do you have to cut the audio each time you switch the video? This means that if you want to make a global audio adjustment (not keyframe), you have to do it on each clip right? Or do you make those global adjustments in the angle viewer?

Second, I see how you can manipulate the audio in the primary timeline, but what if i want to delete a section of the video, do I do that in the Video Animator / Opacity?

I think I am getting the hang of it. Thanks
Trig
Re: New project stutters. (November 13, 2014 05:41PM) ronny courtens
Re: New project stutters. (November 21, 2014 03:08AM) Trig Simon
Re: New project stutters. (November 21, 2014 03:30AM) ronny courtens
Trig,

These messages are spam. You never, ever should use a lousy quality converter like this to deal with .mts files in FCP7 or FCP X.

MTS is a lousy format for editing in any NLE. If you want to edit smoothly with MTS files in FCP7 or 10, convert the MTS files to ProRes. In FCP X you can do this automatically: select the imported MTS files in the browser, R-click the selection and choose "Convert Media" > Optimized media. As soon as the files have been optimized to ProRes you will notice a clear performance boost while editing.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: New project stutters. (November 21, 2014 04:07AM) Trig Simon
Why is that software in the Apple Store? Not arguing with you on the issue of what to use, but if the software is spam, then it seems Apple wouldn't include it with it's FCPX setting in there Store.
Trig
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login