Re: Roll Edit Won't Close in Multiclip

Roll Edit Won't Close in Multiclip (November 14, 2014 01:42AM) Trig Simon
Re: Roll Edit Won't Close in Multiclip (November 14, 2014 02:07AM) ronny courtens
Hi Trig,

Is this a multiclip edit , or just regular clips on a timeline?

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Roll Edit Won't Close in Multiclip (November 14, 2014 02:12AM) Trig Simon
Yes Ronny, a multiclip. And it was a multiclip in the last project that I was able to close it.

Re: Roll Edit Won't Close in Multiclip (November 14, 2014 02:23AM) ronny courtens
This should work just by rolling, just tried it myself.

But if for some reason it leaves a frame of the center clip: delete the center clip with SHIFT+DELETE (backspace key), then roll the right clip to cover the blank space.

To join clips just select the dotted line between two cuts and press DELETE (backspace key). The cut to the left will be extended, replacing the cut to the right.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Roll Edit Won't Close in Multiclip (November 14, 2014 02:49AM) Trig Simon
Thanks Ronny,
My playback was getting too hard to watch, with sound dropping and video stuttering, so I created a new project timeline using the same multiclip and Wola!, the roll closes, audio and video play smoothly.

Does this mean that a timeline gets so full that it stops performing properly, especially with a slower drive? Wonder if I can copy the first part of the timeline into the new timeline when I am done.

Trig
Re: Roll Edit Won't Close in Multiclip (November 14, 2014 03:19AM) ronny courtens
Re: Roll Edit Won't Close in Multiclip (November 14, 2014 08:55AM) Trig Simon
Well Ronny, UPS just brought my new Drobo 5D with two 3TB Seagate Desktop Hybrid drives. Hooking it up now. Hopefully that will streamline the editing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login