Keyword Segregation

Keyword Segregation (November 14, 2014 09:21AM) philsfilm
Is it possible to include JPEG stills in a Keyword Collection with video clips within the same Event? Whenever I try dragging a JPEG in the All Clips setting in the Browser to an existing Keyword Collection containing video clips, it gets rejected. When I use the Keyword Editor to assign an existing Keyword to a JPEG, it creates a new Keyword Collection using the same Keyword but inside a different Event. My goal is to group all particular media of certain subject matter, regardless of whether they are video clips or JPEGS, inside the same Keyword Collection within the same Event. Yet it appears that FCP X insists on segregating the video clips from the JPEGS.
Is there a way around this?

Thanks,
Phil
Re: Keyword Segregation (November 15, 2014 05:11AM) ronny courtens
Hi Phil,

Keyword Collections can contain any given kind of media.

But Keyword Collections also belong to an Event. When you drag a still hat has been imported in Event A onto a Keyword Collection in Event B, FCP X will not allow you to do this because the still is not stored in Event B.

So if you want to add a JPEG that is stored in an Event to an existing Keyword Collection containing video clips that are stored in a different Event, you first need to move that JPEG to the Event to which that Keyword Collection belongs. You can move a clip from one Event to an other by just dragging it onto the Event. This will not create duplicate media, as you cannot store the same clip in two different Event of the same Library.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Keyword Segregation (November 15, 2014 10:13AM) philsfilm
Hi Ronny,

I tried what you said: I moved the jpegs from their existing Event into the new Event and then moved them into the designated Keyword Collection within that new Event. It worked!

Thanks so much,
Phil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login