Re: Yosemite

Yosemite (November 22, 2014 05:17AM) steve douglas
Okay..Yosemite has been out for awhile and I have a friend who is constantly calling asking me whether he should update. I keep telling him to hold off. In the words of the Marathon Man...Is it safe yet?
Re: Yosemite (November 22, 2014 08:46AM) Joe Redifer
Seems to be. It's at 10.10.1 now so they've had one update. This is always a good time to jump in as they've fixed some of the bugs. But I haven't really encountered any. I don't like that I can't anchor the Dock to the bottom left corner of the screen any more which is dumb but other than that the OS is fine. It works just like Mavs as far as I can tell. It's cosmetically different. But other than that I notice no differences really. Well, FCPX seems a little snappier. The wait time between pressing the space bar and it actually starting to play has been reduced and I like that.
Re: Yosemite (November 22, 2014 09:05AM) philsfilm
I'm working in FCP X and FCP 7 on different projects and they are both running fine on Yosemite. So is DVDSP4 and Compressor 3.5.3. The only one that's dead in the water for me is Motion 4. However, I cloned Mavericks to another boot drive so, if needs be, I can use that version of Motion. The only glitch that I've encountered is that the Create Disc feature no longer works as part of FCP's SHARE. So if I need to burn a DVD, I export a Master File and encode in either Compressor or DVDSP4 and burn my DVD from there.

BTW, it wasn't the Marathon Man (Dustin Hoffman) who asked, "Is it safe?" It was the evil Nazi dentist, Szell (Laurence Olivier).
Re: Yosemite (November 25, 2014 12:20PM) Trig Simon
Joe and Jane,
The spacebar to head moving is enough to get me excited.
Trig
Re: Yosemite (November 22, 2014 11:13AM) Joe Redifer
I'm curious as to why you're still on Motion 4.
Re: Yosemite (November 22, 2014 12:20PM) philsfilm
Just upgraded to FCP X ($325 with NY State sales tax) a month ago and bought Slice X ($100 + tax) which I needed for a job because of its great masking tool. That's enough weight on the credit card this month. Next month, I'll get Motion 5 and Compressor 4.
Re: Yosemite (November 23, 2014 05:22PM) janedesting
I am not very suggesting you to update your system to Yosemite. Cause, even you don't have encountered any bugs now. This system may still need some time to perfect itself. And since you already very get used to your original system , why you want to change the whole system to a new one and to spend time to get used to it again? And even though the new system has been posted for a while , the third-party may not update themselves that fast, they need to test themselves.
Yes , the new system has new feature, but I suggest you hold on for a while.
This is just my opinion. Making decision is your part. Good luck !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login