Can I add effects before adding to timeline in FCPX?

Can I add effects before adding to timeline in FCPX? (November 22, 2014 07:30AM) Trig Simon
Re: Can I add effects before adding to timeline in FCPX? (November 22, 2014 09:01AM) ronny courtens
You can add an effect to a clip in the browser. When you have added an effect to a clip in the browser, every instance of that clip that you put in the timeline will automatically have the effect applied.

To add an effect to a clip in the browser:

R-click the clip and select "Open in Timeline". This will open a new timeline just for that clip.
In the clip timeline, select the clip and add any effect(s) you wish to the clip. Then go back to the main timeline to cut your edit.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Can I add effects before adding to timeline in FCPX? (November 22, 2014 11:18AM) Joe Redifer
I've got a somewhat-related question for you, Ronny:

Is there any way I could "copy" a clip that exists in the browser so that one has the effect and the other does not? You know I like to mess with the field order and the like for retro games and I'd like to have one with LOWER selected and another with NONE. But I don't want every instance of a clip in the timeline affected, only certain shots which I deem necessary. Is there a way to do this without duplicating the entire clip? hope I am making sense here.
Re: Can I add effects before adding to timeline in FCPX? (November 22, 2014 03:50PM) Trig Simon
Joe, I am glad you asked that. Because if the clip gets used again in different lighting conditions, can I change the exposure for instance without it changing the clip I originally set up in prior scenes.

Trig
Re: Can I add effects before adding to timeline in FCPX? (November 23, 2014 12:35AM) ronny courtens
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login