Re: FxFactory

FxFactory (November 26, 2014 04:55AM) MitchellRose
Re: FxFactory (December 01, 2014 12:33AM) ronny courtens
Hi Mitchell,

I have been using FxFactory plugins for a long time and I see no real issues with them. As always with plugin packages there are a lot of them you hardly ever will use, but some particular ones might be worth the price of the entire package if you really need them.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: FxFactory (December 01, 2014 12:41AM) MitchellRose
Re: FxFactory (December 01, 2014 12:50AM) ronny courtens
In the FCP X effects browser all Fx Factory plugins appear in distinctive categories, easy to find (see screenshot). Third-party plugins sold via the Fx Factory platform also get their own categories and sub-divisions. And of course you can skim over every plugin in the FCP X effects browser and you immediately see the result on your video.

Loading times depend on the complexity of the effect. Most effects load instantly and render very fast, very complex ones can take a few seconds to load. If you are working on a recent iMac or the new MacPro things will go very fast. On older MacPros things will be somewhat slower.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: FxFactory (December 01, 2014 12:54AM) MitchellRose
Re: FxFactory (December 01, 2014 01:02AM) ronny courtens
My bad, I forgot to attach (-:

No, the main difference between classic NLEs and FCP X is that plugins don't get loaded at startup. No matter how many plugins you have the launch time stays the same. An effect is only loaded when you select it. This happens instantly for most effects, or it may take a few seconds for very complex ones.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: FxFactory (December 01, 2014 01:05AM) MitchellRose
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login