Re: audio dvd share in fcpx 10.1 issue

audio dvd share in fcpx 10.1 issue (December 01, 2014 01:09AM) gaz
hi guys

does anyone face this : sharing a dvd in fcpx 10.1 results in no audio dvd...see the file attached....the audio settings are not the same of the timeline...

thanks for any help
Re: audio dvd share in fcpx 10.1 issue (December 01, 2014 02:26AM) ronny courtens
Have you created the DVD and it does not have any sound?

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: audio dvd share in fcpx 10.1 issue (December 01, 2014 06:41AM) philsfilm
My experience with FCP X and DVD Share is that the process does not go past the Mpg2 and ac3 files. Perhaps, it has to do with the Yosemite but the process stalled after those files were created. My workaround was to take those files and put them in DVDSP4 and burn the DVD from there.
Re: audio dvd share in fcpx 10.1 issue (December 01, 2014 10:18AM) Alexander
As usual Apple tries to go too far with "under the hood" activity.
Get a copy of DVDSP while you can, and a system where it will still run, then you will have complete control.

Cheers
Alexander
Re: audio dvd share in fcpx 10.1 issue (December 01, 2014 10:23PM) ronny courtens
Burning a DVD from inside FCP X is pretty straightforward but it offers no or very little control.

If you have any issues with the burning process or with the audio you can export a master file, import the master file in FCP X and burn the DVD from the master file instead from your edited timeline. This always works.

You also can add a "Create DVD" job action in Compressor. Click the job, open the Inspector window, choose "Create DVD" and then set any options you'd like.

If you want to have far more control over your DVD you can export a master file from FCP X and create a DVD from this master file in DVDSP. DVDSP runs on Yosemite without any problems.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: audio dvd share in fcpx 10.1 issue (December 02, 2014 12:20AM) philsfilm
Ronny,

I just burned a DVD using FCP X's SHARE. Everything was fine. But where are the mpg2 and audio files? With FCP 7's SHARE, after creating the DVD, I was always left with those files which I would put in DVDSP4 in order to make additional DVD's. And yes, I know I can always make a Disk Image from the first DVD with Disk Utility to make additional DVDs if necessary.

Thanks,
Phil
Re: audio dvd share in fcpx 10.1 issue (December 02, 2014 02:13AM) ronny courtens
Hi Phil,

- R-click your Library in Finder and choose "Open Package Contents".

- Open the Event folder and inside it, open the Shared Items folder.

- Inside it you will see a folder with a weird name, open it and you will see the .ac3 and the .m2v files FCP X has created to burn your disc.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: audio dvd share in fcpx 10.1 issue (December 02, 2014 02:21AM) ronny courtens
Oh, I forgot...

If you need to create multiple DVDs you can create a disk image in FCP X and then use this disk image to burn as many DVDs as you wish using an external burning application or even straight from the Finder or from a Burn folder.

To create a disk image in FCP X: click Share > DVD > Settings and set Output Device to "Hard drive".

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: audio dvd share in fcpx 10.1 issue (December 02, 2014 05:19AM) gaz
thanks a lot guys

...and ronny...yes i created a dvd and there is no audio....thanks again for the the information...i'll try all that....but i',m thinking if it is a bug....because i created a master file and import into fcpx and shared a dvd and the problem with audio was still there...where i work there are 2 black mac pro....and the problem happens only in this one...they are equal...

thanks again...
Re: audio dvd share in fcpx 10.1 issue (December 02, 2014 05:25AM) ronny courtens
Are you saying that you can burn a DVD with audio on one machine but it does not work with exactly the same project on the other machine?

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: audio dvd share in fcpx 10.1 issue (December 02, 2014 06:01AM) philsfilm
Ronny,

Is it OK to remove the m2v and ac3 files with the Finder and place them in DVDSP4 or will it freak out the FCP X internal structure?

Thanks,
Phil
Re: audio dvd share in fcpx 10.1 issue (December 02, 2014 06:03AM) ronny courtens
You can move these files without any problems. They are not related to the FCP X database. Just make sure to remove all the contents of the folder.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: audio dvd share in fcpx 10.1 issue (December 02, 2014 06:20AM) philsfilm
Ronny,

I followed your instructions and opened the Shared Items folder but did not see those files. See attachment.
Is it possible that they were discarded?

Thanks,

Phil
Re: audio dvd share in fcpx 10.1 issue (December 02, 2014 06:32AM) ronny courtens
If the DVD has been burnt it is possible that the files got removed from the Shared Items folder. Most of the machines I use don't have DVD burners anymore. So the few times I need to make a DVD I always create a disk image to burn the disc on an older machine, and in this case the ac3 and m2v files remain in the Shared Items folder.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: audio dvd share in fcpx 10.1 issue (December 02, 2014 07:02AM) philsfilm
Interesting. I think you may correct, Ronny. I'll do a test and let you know the results.

Thanks,
Phil
Re: audio dvd share in fcpx 10.1 issue (December 03, 2014 11:47PM) gaz
hi ronny

not really...in a little word: complications....that i expect solve this sooner....anyway thanks all of you for showing me some other solutions....

thanks guys again

Re: audio dvd share in fcpx 10.1 issue (December 02, 2014 12:51PM) gaz
ronny

what happens is we have 2 identical machines: same hardware : the new black Mac Pro , same software fcpx 10.1. in one i edit a apple res 422 project audio stereo ...share it as a dvd burn it and it's all right.. we use a external super drive.....in the settings of the the share dvd from timeline we see video in apple res 422 and audio stereo....and in the other mac a similar project shows in the settings of the share dvd the video settings ok! as apple res 422...but the audio is something like in the figure above...stereo but something 300hz...

gaz
Re: audio dvd share in fcpx 10.1 issue (December 02, 2014 10:21PM) gaz
hi

i forgot to put my specs : fcpx 10.1.1 osx 10.9.5 2.7Ghz 12-core intel xeon E5 32Gb ram
Re: audio dvd share in fcpx 10.1 issue (December 02, 2014 10:45PM) ronny courtens
Hi Gaz,

Is there any reason why you still use 10.1.1? There has been an important bug fix for the DVD sharing options in 10.1.2. You might as well update to 10.1.4 now.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: audio dvd share in fcpx 10.1 issue (December 02, 2014 03:15PM) philsfilm
Ronny,

You were correct. When I created a Disk Image of the Project on my external hard drive, it saved the m2v and ac3 files in the Shared Items folder of the Library. See attachment.

Thanks,

Phil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login