Re: Playhead keeps going to pointer but Zoom doesn't.

Playhead keeps going to pointer but Zoom doesn't. (December 02, 2014 09:13AM) Trig Simon
Re: Playhead keeps going to pointer but Zoom doesn't. (December 02, 2014 12:16PM) ronny courtens
Hi Trig,

If by cursor you mean the skimmer: the playhead only jumps to the point where the skimmer is when you click on that point in the empty space above any clips. If you don't click on that point, or if you click on that point inside a clip, the playhead will not move.

Playback always starts where your skimmer is. If you don't use the skimmer, playback starts where your playhead is. If you are not comfortable with the skimmer or if you want your Shuttle Pro to start playback at the place where your playhead is: just turn the skimmer off (press "S") and work with only a playhead like in FCP7.

Zooming in or out always happens around the place where your skimmer is. If you don't use the skimmer, zooming in or out happens around the spot where your playhead is parked. If you don't use the skimmer and you want to zoom in on any point of the timeline: click on that point in the empty space above all clips (or ALT+Click inside a clip) to move the playhead to that point, then press CMD + to zoom in or CMD - to zoom out around that point.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Playhead keeps going to pointer but Zoom doesn't. (December 03, 2014 02:10AM) Trig Simon
Thanks Ronny,
Guess I will have to add the 'S' button to my Shuttle Pro since I can't have it both ways at the same time.

Now, for audio...guess I should start another thread.

Trig
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login