I don't see the Audio Waveform

I don't see the Audio Waveform (December 05, 2014 03:55AM) Trig Simon
Re: I don't see the Audio Waveform (December 05, 2014 06:56AM) ronny courtens
Hi Trig,

There is no switch. Can you post a screenshot?

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: I don't see the Audio Waveform (December 05, 2014 10:26AM) Trig Simon
Here it is Ronny,
I have a feeling that you are going to say this isn't the primary timeline, but it is working so beautifully.

You told me to create another timeline every 20-30 minutes. I guessed at how to do it; so created a new project and named it Wonderland 28-1:00, indicating the time segment of the whole event. That part still confuses me, but was that the right thing to do?

How do you know what kind of timeline you are looking at. I know the angle editor is very different, but is there a differene between a primary and 'secondary' timeline"

I then just selected a new portion of the original multiclip and dropped it onto the new project timeline. But the audio waveform never developed. I miss it, but it hasn't choked on my. I am also only using one audio track, rather than manipulating two tracks at the same time. I will add the ambient track when I am done (like you told me to, but ignored) re-thinking that was more processing that doesn't need to be done now.

Anxious to see what you have to say,

Trig

Re: I don't see the Audio Waveform (December 05, 2014 09:09PM) ronny courtens
Hi Trig,

Yes, your timeline is missing the clip thumbnails and audio waveforms.

This is the correct way to split a very long multiclip timeline over several timelines:

Create a new Project timeline for every part of the multiclip you want to make, then add the entire multliclip to each timeline and split the multicam clip on the timeline.

Example: You have a 60 minute multicam show that you want to split in three parts over three timelines.

- You create a Project timeline "Part 1", a Project timeline "Part 2" and a Project timeline "Part 3".
- Then you add the complete multicam clip to each of these Project timelines and you split the multicam clip on each timeline:

Project timeline Part 1: 0 to 20 minutes
Project timeline Part 2: 20 minutes to 40 minutes
Project timeline Part 3: 40 minutes to 60 minutes

When you do it this way the thumbnails and audio waveforms will stay intact.

Working on smaller chunks of the long multiclip will be easier on your system.
When every part is finished all you need to do is assemble the parts to one long multiclip again and export.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: I don't see the Audio Waveform (December 07, 2014 05:52AM) Trig Simon
Ronny, I had the thumbnails turned off. Habit from FCP7. So now they are on. Also, the waveform showed up a day later. Don't know why they didn't populate for the whole first day I was working on the second section.

Thanks,
Trig
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login