DVD to FCP

DVD to FCP (June 15, 2008 02:55PM) terrance
Ken

I was given a handful of DVD's that the client wants edited. Is there a way that I can input this footage directly into FCP? Thanks.
Re: DVD to FCP (June 15, 2008 04:08PM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: DVD to FCP (June 15, 2008 10:27PM) Paul
Ken is there any way to make this a 'sticky' post - as in this question gets asked several times a week, if the answer was at the top of the list (like your welcome message) that might help people...

just a thought

Paul
Re: DVD to FCP (June 16, 2008 07:01AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Paul,

You are right, this question comes up often. Over at the lafcpug board there is a 'sticky' FAQ post with answers to frequently asked questions.

I'll look into it.

--ken
Re: DVD to FCP (June 16, 2008 01:34AM) Chris Poisson
Terrance,

MPEGstreamclip does a great job.

Chris
Re: DVD to FCP (June 16, 2008 02:09AM) jlcinc
I find the for taking clips out of a long DVD, MPEGStreamclip is the best. I can go to a times and set an inpoint and an outpoint and then export the clip into the file I need. I use keyboard shortcuts to do all of this and I can use the jkl search keys. DVDxDV is great but I can't seem to be able to do the same thing, I have to manually find the time I want and then set my inpoints. Takes forever.

John
Re: DVD to FCP (June 16, 2008 07:11AM) katford
Hi everyone,

I'm new at this. I hope you can help. I have someone who has video they want to burn to a DVD and then give it to me to use as b-roll in FCP project we're working on. Is there a particular format they should use when burning their DVD?

Thanks,
Katherine

Re: DVD to FCP (June 16, 2008 08:44AM) Ken Stone Admin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login