Wil there be Key Framing in Color Adjustment?

Wil there be Key Framing in Color Adjustment? (December 10, 2014 03:09AM) Trig Simon
Re: Wil there be Key Framing in Color Adjustment? (December 10, 2014 04:49AM) ronny courtens
Hi Trig,

If - and I say IF - they ever decide to allow keyframing color adjustments again, it will have to be much better than it was in FCP7 because that really sucked (pardon my French).

The reason for this is that color parameters are not linear. As a result you often will see color stepping when you keyframe color corrections, and rarely a smooth transition from one correction to the other. That's why also in FCP7 we often used blading and cross dissolves to create smooth color correction transitions. I'm sure if you do a search on this site you will find many threads dealing with color keyframing issues in classic FCP.

The only way they could make this work as it should is if they could apply frame blending between keyframes (optical flow) to mask the color stepping. Until they can do this, blades and cross dissolves are a much better solution than keyframing.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Wil there be Key Framing in Color Adjustment? (December 10, 2014 12:46PM) Joe Redifer
Hell I just wish they'd fix the keyframing, peroid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login