Re: Zoom in to playhead

Zoom in to playhead (December 30, 2014 10:28AM) Caleb
In FCP 7 you could set up a key command so that you could zoom in on your play head. I can't seem to figure out how to set this up in FCP X. Am I missing something, or did they leave this out in FCP X?

Thanks

Caleb
Re: Zoom in to playhead (December 30, 2014 07:38PM) ronny courtens
Actually in FCP X you always zoom in on your playhead. But when the skimmer is enabled it will take priority and the zooming in will be around the skimmer position. The only thing I would like to see added is that the timeline would automatically center on the spot where we zoom in.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Zoom in to playhead (December 31, 2014 03:04AM) Caleb
Thanks alot Ronny.
This is gonna take some getting use to.
Re: Zoom in to playhead (December 31, 2014 03:26AM) ronny courtens
Hi Caleb,

If you use the skimmer a lot, just press S to temporarily switch it off when you want to zoom in. Then the zooming will always happen around the place where your playhead is.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Zoom in to playhead (December 31, 2014 03:34AM) Caleb
Perfect,
thanks a ton Ronny. As I am sure you know its a bit of a shock to try and jump into X as opposed to Studio 7. But that is a much needed tip. Thanks!
Re: Zoom in to playhead (December 31, 2014 05:43AM) ronny courtens
Hi Caleb,

Yes, it is (-:

Just don't jump unprepared. Watch some basic videos on the internet to get familiar with how FCP X works, or get a decent training package. And the 1 million dollar advice: never, ever try to make it work like you did in FCP7. Just go with the flow, don't fight it, and you will never want to go back. As a renowned Australian filmmaker said: "At first, learning FCP X feels like learning to walk again. But instead of learning to walk again you actually learn to run."

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login