Re: Download video or audio from You Tube (Off Topic)

Download video or audio from You Tube (Off Topic) (January 02, 2015 06:20AM) Tom George
Can a video or audio or both be downloaded from You Tube? If so, how is it done? I would just like to be able to download the audio if possible.

Thanks,

Tom
Re: Download video or audio from You Tube (Off Topic) (January 02, 2015 08:01AM) philsfilm
Re: Download video or audio from You Tube (Off Topic) (January 03, 2015 02:53AM) VidGreg
Re: Download video or audio from You Tube (Off Topic) (January 03, 2015 08:21AM) Joe Redifer
Re: Download video or audio from You Tube (Off Topic) (January 03, 2015 04:07PM) Tom George
Joe,

Clipgrab is great, works as advertised and super easy to use. Thanks for the tip.

Tom
Re: Download video or audio from You Tube (Off Topic) (January 04, 2015 12:57AM) philsfilm
What I like about Clip Converter is that, unlike ClipGrab and others, you don't need to download any software.
Other than that, the same thing.
Re: Download video or audio from You Tube (Off Topic) (January 04, 2015 01:58AM) Tom George
I don't have Clip Converter on my PC. Won't I have to download it to get it?

Tom
Re: Download video or audio from You Tube (Off Topic) (January 04, 2015 03:09AM) Tom George
I just looked up Clip Converter and it's just like ClipGrab in that you still have to download the program and you use it just like you do ClipGrab. I don't see a difference.

Tom
Re: Download video or audio from You Tube (Off Topic) (January 04, 2015 04:58AM) philsfilm
Tom,

I didn't have to download a program to get it to work. Just went to the URL (http://www.clipconverter.cc/), put the media URL from Youtube in the browser window, picked the format, made the conversion and, finally, downloaded the file, ie., the video I was seeking.

I guess whatever works for you is best.

Phil
Re: Download video or audio from You Tube (Off Topic) (January 04, 2015 06:46AM) Tom George
Phil,

I see what you mean now. However, here is a point of view you might want to consider: It might be a good idea to download one of those programs because someday you might not be able to connect to that particular site, the site for that program no longer works or the originator decides to charge for the program. A working old program is better than no program at all or one that you have to pay for.

Give it a thought,

Tom
Re: Download video or audio from You Tube (Off Topic) (January 06, 2015 07:38AM) philsfilm
Tom,

Good point.
I gotcha: a bird in the hand..., etc.

I just tend to be leery about downloading lots of programs and clogging my main hard drive.

Phil
Re: Download video or audio from You Tube (Off Topic) (January 28, 2015 10:57AM) Tom George
Phil,

I'm trying to use ClipConverter but when I paste the URL into the program and select MP3 then Download, nothing seems to
be happening. If something is being downloaded or converted it would be nice to see something saying so. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Tom
Re: Download video or audio from You Tube (Off Topic) (January 28, 2015 12:14PM) philsfilm
Just tested Clipconverter. It worked fine. After pasting the URL and selecting the format you want, click on Continue. It has to convert first. Then click download.
That should do the trick.

Phil
Re: Download video or audio from You Tube (Off Topic) (January 29, 2015 03:39AM) Tom George
Phil,

I found out that I was not getting the Start button. It works on some YouTube music but sometimes I get the "Invalid URL" message. Is there a way to have the downloads go to my Desktop instead of a download folder?

Tom
Re: Download video or audio from You Tube (Off Topic) (January 29, 2015 04:06AM) philsfilm
No, usually you have to drag it from the download folder to the desktop.
Re: Download video or audio from You Tube (Off Topic) (January 29, 2015 04:26AM) VidGreg
Tom,
Since ClipConverter is using a web based conversion, then the download goes wherever you set your normal downloads to go via browser(Safari?) preferences. You could set up a automator script to move downloads from a particular URL to a different location if you want.

ClipGrap, which Joe Redifer mentioned, allows you to set location for converted clips to wherever you want.This is an application that you install on your computer but it is only 67MB in size.

Thanks Joe for the recommendation. I installed it and find it fast and easy.
Hope this helps, Greg
Re: Download video or audio from You Tube (Off Topic) (January 04, 2015 01:32PM) janedesting
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login