synch video clips in FCP X

synch video clips in FCP X (January 09, 2015 08:19PM) Angy
When do video clips of two angles create a multi cam clip and when don't they?
I shot with two canon 5D mk 2 and had no problem creating the multi-cam clip and editing the video.
When I shot with two different canon DSLR camera's I couldn't create the multi-cam clip. I tried the marker option two vs the audio still didn't work.
Does that happen a lot? Is there anything I can do differently when shooting?

Thanks Angy

Re: synch video clips in FCP X (January 10, 2015 05:22AM) ronny courtens
Hi Angy,

The only thing you need to do before you create the muticam clip is to select all clips from Camera 1 and in the Inspector assign an Angle Name to these clips. Then you assign a different Angle Name to the clips from Camera 2, a.s.o.

If all your clips have been assigned to the correct Angle you will always be able to create a correct multicam clip of these clips.

Best wishes,

Ronny

Re: synch video clips in FCP X (January 10, 2015 06:08AM) Angy
Thanks Ronny.
So I selected all my 3 clips from Camera one and I see in inspector a filed the first filed that says Name. Next one is Notes, roles, start, end, ... and then in the end camera name.
Where do I assign the angle name?

I tried changing the first name to Camera_1 and everything from Camera 2 to Camera_2 but when I create a multi cam clip they are all one after the other in one clip.

I am fairly new to FCP X. Sorry I am sure there is a really easy solution to this.

Thank you for your help.

Angy
Re: synch video clips in FCP X (January 10, 2015 06:30AM) ronny courtens
You should set the Metadata View (bottom left under the Inspector) to Extended, then you will see a field to enter the Camera Angle.

When you have entered a distinctive Angle to all the clips of each camera: select all the clips, R-click the selection and choose New Multicam Clip. The multicam settings window will open. In this window click Use Custom Settings and set Angle Assembly to Camera Angle. Then click OK.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login