Reduce Noise

Reduce Noise (January 16, 2015 08:47AM) Caleb
My quest to learn FCP X continues.
In FCP 7 you could bounce things over to STP and work with your audio there. I realize this is not an option anymore, so I have purchased Logic Pro X to handle all of my audio needs. I have two questions.
1) Logic Pro X seems like a monster program, is this what FCP X users are using for their audio, or did I miss something?

2) In STP you could take a piece of audio, highlight a section where no one was talking, go to Process > Noise Reduction > Learn noise. Then when you listened to the rest of the audio you could go to Process > Noise Reduction > Reduce Noise, and you could take out background noise. I used this for every single piece of audio I ever edited, but I can't seem to find this function in Logic Pro X. How do we accomplish this task now with Logic? Or do we need a third party program to do this same task?

Thanks
Re: Reduce Noise (January 16, 2015 09:55AM) philsfilm
I'm running Yosemite (10.10.1), FCP X, FCP 7 and I still have Soundtrack Pro to use if I need it.
Re: Reduce Noise (January 16, 2015 10:01AM) Caleb
I am doing the same, but the problem I have with FCP 7 is that anything that had Motion 4 in it, crashes as soon as I try to open it. I lost about 30 hours of work.

I'm just wondering if I won't be able to use STP in a upgrade or two. Like Motion 4.
Re: Reduce Noise (January 16, 2015 12:14PM) philsfilm
Well, Motion 4 doesn't run in Yosemite and I guess it's also incompatible with FCP X. I haven't tested it. This is Apple's way forcing you to upgrade.
I only use STP for sound effects. If I were you, I would run a test with something you did in Motion 4 and check if it opens in
FCP X. Of course, you will not be able to send a file to or from Motion 4 and FCP X. Only create a QT file from a Motion 4 project and cut it into your GCP X project.

Phil
Re: Reduce Noise (January 19, 2015 04:55AM) ronny courtens
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login