fcp 7 not capturing suddenly?

fcp 7 not capturing suddenly? (January 19, 2015 01:05PM) gijacklin
I still need to get recent footage from my old fire wire Sony HVR Z7U to my computer. It works sort of when I try imovie but I don't know how to use imovie? But it shows me my connection is fine but when I use FCP 7 it controls the camera and everything but says no data is coming to it? I have not done anything new to my system that I know of other than what ever updates. Currently on verson 10.8.5 os. I have Last true FCP 7 before X.

Also I just bought a lap tap only to find out the new Mac's won't even load FCP 7?!?!? Which means my editing days are now over. Damn it. So as a director then and not an editor when I'm on the road and shooting and want to see my stuff as well as get it on my computer what should I use? Is there a a logging and capturing program or something?

Cheers folks.
Re: fcp 7 not capturing suddenly? (January 20, 2015 12:24PM) VidGreg
Re: fcp 7 not capturing suddenly? (January 20, 2015 12:58PM) janedesting
Really hope you can update your FCP 7 to FCP X, this later version has much more native support foramt and the compatiblity is better than the 7
Re: fcp 7 not capturing suddenly? (January 20, 2015 07:27PM) Joe Redifer
The new Macs will run FCP7. I run it on mine. It's not ideal, but it works fine. Mostly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login