Re: error - 12769 Can't share due to marker track problem

error - 12769 Can't share due to marker track problem (January 23, 2015 10:19AM) el professor
Re: error - 12769 Can't share due to marker track problem (January 23, 2015 02:58PM) el professor
Well, I was able to send to compressor and get the file out for further work.

Funny but now that it's a QT movie I am able to see that there were several identical markers.

I'm not sure how that can be.
Final Cut didn't show more than one of each marker, but the QT movie shows several markers at duplicate or triplicate markers with the same name but a few frames apart.

Wierd, huh? I never had this happen before. I hope this was a one time only problem. We'll see.

Anyone else ever had this behaviour?
Any suggestions to avoid this in the future.

One person suggested making a title track that goes thru the whole project and erase the text so that it's a blank title track.
Then create all your markers there. This way they wouldn't move as files move around. LIke the old FC 7 markers that were on the time line instead of the individual clips.
Re: error - 12769 Can't share due to marker track problem (January 23, 2015 06:30PM) ronny courtens
Re: error - 12769 Can't share due to marker track problem (January 24, 2015 05:06AM) el professor
Thanks Ronny,

I wasn't aware of the available adjustments layer. That's such a time saver, great to know.
Has anyone contributed an article to Ken's site on adjustment layers before, I hadn't seen that.
I'll check out the ripple training info.

As I mentioned, if this has been fixed in 10.1x I'll definately upgrade.
I have so many projects (an archive for a non profit I'm on the board of) that I've uploaded to Final Cut 10.0.9
that I didn't know if I'd have the time to convert all the Events/Projects folders to Libraries since I have many that were this way and others that were final cut 7 projects in their own folders.

Is there a batch convertor for that or do you just do one at a time to convert to 10.1?

thanks mucho,

el profe
Re: error - 12769 Can't share due to marker track problem (January 24, 2015 08:51PM) ronny courtens
Re: error - 12769 Can't share due to marker track problem (January 25, 2015 06:26PM) el professor
Thanks again Ronny,

I've been using Event Manager X for some time now for the older FCX.0.9 as I have many hard drives and many projects captured and stored but not edited yet (hundreds) - archived and ready to edit.

I like the method you suggested. But I can't duplicate that would be an additional investment in duplicate hard drives to contain everything I have here. So I guess I'll have to figure this out in a need to do now methodology - a kind of batch method.
But now that I see you're logic, it seems fairly straight forward.

Can you have a variety of libraries on one hard drive partition? Say client#1 library,client #2 library and so on.
Or just one per hard drive partition and have to hide ones you don't wish to take up RAM or attention in FCX.1x?

I'll have to read up on the whole libraries vs events/projects thing.
I'm guessing they consolidated the events and projects together into a library now. Much like the former FC7 way I used to work where I'd create a folder and tell FC7 when I started a new job, to put all the many things into one master folder (thumbnails, rendered files, project file, seq, backups, etc.) I used that method for many years so things wouldn't get all tangled up over more than one drive. With FCX if I have the luxury of 2 drives per client I divide one for projects and one for events (using each for a backup of the others but hidden) and call one Client #1 Projects, the other Client #1 Events for example.

Now we're back to all in one folder? ha..the circle of life.
or correct me if I'm wrong..

any suggested reading materials to best grasp this change from FCX.0.9 to FCX .1 ? or just google and read here in Ken's articles?
Re: error - 12769 Can't share due to marker track problem (January 25, 2015 08:50PM) ronny courtens
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login