Re: DVD Studio Pro crashing with leopard

DVD Studio Pro crashing with leopard (June 15, 2008 05:09PM) xabc
Got a new g5, has leopard running on it. I moved applications over. Now DVD SP 3 crashes when using it. Do I need to upgrade to Suite 2???

Also running 2 monitors, with PCI express card, Final Cut 5 is not registering the 2nd monitor for Digital Cinema Desktop preview.
Re: DVD Studio Pro crashing with leopard (June 15, 2008 05:27PM) Ken Stone Admin
Did you move (drag/copy) the apps over or did you install FC Studio on ther new G5?

If you dragged the stuff over, nothing is going to work right. You must install the apps.

--ken

Re: DVD Studio Pro crashing with leopard (June 15, 2008 05:49PM) xabc
I used the migration assistant. Can I just reinstall apps from here?? Or should I start from scratch and reininstall leopard too.
Re: DVD Studio Pro crashing with leopard (June 15, 2008 10:41PM) ronny courtens
The migration assistant is perfect for home users who need to migrate mail, documents, internet settings and a number of simple applications. Pro apps are quite different and more difficult to manage.

Best thing you can do is to start from scratch (re-install Leopard too) and use the migration assistant while installing Leopard to move your home folders and personal settings to the new Mac. Then update your OS, QT etc... and re-install your pro-apps from the install disks.

When everything runs fine and you have a spare drive left, use Carbon Copy Cloner to make a bootable copy of your entire freshly installed boot drive. Once you have this, you can always go back to this copy whenever you experience any problems.
CCC is a real lifesaver. In our shop every single Mac gets a complete fresh re-install every month, and we hardly have any downtime caused by software issues or corrupted files.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: DVD Studio Pro crashing with leopard (June 16, 2008 12:35AM) xabc
Thank you. I will give it a go
Re: DVD Studio Pro crashing with leopard (June 15, 2008 10:43PM) Paul
If you have the time I would back up your files, wipe the system and install Leopard and FCS from scratch, I've found this to be the best way to ensure a stable system.

Paul
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login