Re: Titles / Subtitles / Final Version

Titles / Subtitles / Final Version (January 31, 2015 02:29AM) game-b
The Final Version of my documentary film will be with titles and subtitles etc. Is there any way to detach these connected titles/subtitles and export only the video/audio? I need the "clean" film project to be exported for a friend who will do the colour grading in his studio (I think he uses Da Vinci). He will also work with the XML of the film. Once he finishes, I have to reimport the graded film and match it with the subtitles/titles again. Also I need it for subtitles in different languages. Is there any method to write subtitles in different languages and then as exporting choose the language?

Edit: Part of the titles are already done. While the friend is doing the colour grading, we have to keep on working on the titles.

Re: Titles / Subtitles / Final Version (February 01, 2015 04:09AM) ronny courtens
If you want to export your video without the subtitles you can group-select the subtitles and press "V" to disable them. You can do the same with multiple languages: select the languages you don't want to export and disable them.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Titles / Subtitles / Final Version (February 01, 2015 08:18AM) game-b
Sorry for asking, I am missing something, but what does it mean, "group select the subtitles", is that explained somewhere? Cheers Ronny
Re: Titles / Subtitles / Final Version (February 01, 2015 08:31AM) ronny courtens
You can group-select title clips by dragging a selection range around them or by CMD-clicking them one by one. Selected clips will have a yellow border around them.

When all the title clips are selected just press "V" to disable them. The disabled clips will stay in place above the video but they will not be included when you share the project.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Titles / Subtitles / Final Version (February 01, 2015 07:34PM) game-b
Thanks Ronny, I understood, that also works when the subtitles are inside a Compound Clip?
Re: Titles / Subtitles / Final Version (February 01, 2015 08:01PM) ronny courtens
Yes, compound clips are good method for keeping different subtitle languages together. Just select the CC and press V to disable it.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Titles / Subtitles / Final Version (February 01, 2015 08:12PM) game-b
Yes, the annoying thing about it, if you convert the subtitles into CCs and want to change something, you can open the CC and do so. But you will not see the subtitles together anymore with your video clip. Thats quite useless.
Re: Titles / Subtitles / Final Version (February 01, 2015 08:45PM) ronny courtens
You only should convert the subtitles into CCs for organizational reasons, when everything has been checked.

But if you still need to make changes after the CC has been created, just use the Break Apart Clip Items command (SHIFT+CMD+G) to break up the CC. This will reveal all your subtitles over the video. Then make your changes and when they are done you can convert the titles back to a new CC.

Another efficient way for separating types of subtitles from each other is to put an adjustment layer between the different types of titles (see screenshot).

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Titles / Subtitles / Final Version (February 02, 2015 03:41PM) philsfilm
Interesting concept, Ronny.
Does the adjustment layer serve any purpose other than separating the English and French subtitles? Is it clear and not visible in any way?

-Phil
Re: Titles / Subtitles / Final Version (February 02, 2015 06:46PM) ronny courtens
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login