Re: FCP 7 Yosemite and Motion

FCP 7 Yosemite and Motion (February 07, 2015 01:01PM) Margo
I ignorantly updated to Yosemite 10.10.2 and now I don't have access to Motion.

I am furious that Yosemite is causing this issue and am not at all sure what to do. I would like to dump Yosemite and go back to the former OS. Don't know how to do that. I'm wondering if I can upgrade Motion without affecting FCP 7.

This really stinks.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Margo
Re: FCP 7 Yosemite and Motion (February 07, 2015 01:46PM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Margo,

Correct, Motion 4 (FCP Studio) does not work in Yosemite. You'll have to purchase Motion 5 from the App Store.

I don't know how well Motion 5 works with FCP 7, anyone???

--ken
Re: FCP 7 Yosemite and Motion (February 08, 2015 07:43PM) Joe Redifer
You can get Motion 5 without affecting Final Cut Pro 7. You won't be able to send stuff directly to Motion from Final Cut Pro, you'll have to export and reimport everything but it will work.
Re: FCP 7 Yosemite and Motion (February 09, 2015 05:13AM) Margo
Thank you both. I appreciate the information and will attempt to come down off the ceiling.

Margo
Re: FCP 7 Yosemite and Motion (February 09, 2015 07:27AM) Christoph Vonrhein
Re: FCP 7 Yosemite and Motion (February 09, 2015 02:03PM) Margo
Excellent info - thank you Christoph.
Re: FCP 7 Yosemite and Motion (April 18, 2015 02:42AM) dtmp
My two cents. I'm still using FCP 6 and had to update to Yosemite so I could do my taxes on Turbotax (yeah, I know using my edit computer for everything is dumb). I did make a bootable disc duplicate of 10.6 before taking the plunge just in case. FCP6 works, but a few little things are out of whack, such as the render progress bar's % is a bit scrambled. I've had a few crashes while using the open file dialogs, so back to hitting command s every few minutes. But other than that, it seems to be working okay. The one thing that I do miss from 10.6 is the video quicklook. Yosemite does not seem to like many video formats, even FCP reference files don't work in QL now. I read somewhere that had to do with Perian going away. So if they(or someone) could just fix video QL I could live with it. BTW, I'm still using a Powermac early 2008.
Re: FCP 7 Yosemite and Motion (April 20, 2015 05:41AM) Margo
I dumped Yosemite and now everything is working perfectly. I had to stand on my head and had help from a co-worker but I won't make that mistake again.
md
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login