Re: audio edit

audio edit (February 25, 2015 05:02PM) Curtis
FCPX - i know there must be an easy way to do this in X.
wedding video, the bride says "thee thee wed" very fast. gale force winds abound. i need to drop a piece of wind on top of that first "thee".
in a related problem, am i missing an import preference whereby i can get separate audio tracks instead of a stereo pair?
Re: audio edit (March 01, 2015 07:09PM) ronny courtens
Select a piece of wind and drag it under the first "thee". Then use the Range tool (R) to select the first thee and drag the volume down. Done in seconds.

Audio import preferences are in the Import settings menu (Separate Mono and group Stereo audio). Of course if the audio is stereo it will be imported as stereo (obviously). If you want to split stereo audio into 2 separate mono channels, select the imported stereo audio clip and in the Inspector > Audio Channel configuration choose "Dual Mono".

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: audio edit (March 01, 2015 08:12PM) Curtis
Mahalo Ronny, the Range tool, that is really cool.

haven't been doing enough editing to stop thinking in FCP7, even though a wedding vid takes about 2 hrs in X, whereby it would take 6-8 in classic. actually the difference may be more considering how well the auto color correct and audio fix work.

Curtis
Re: audio edit (March 01, 2015 08:16PM) ronny courtens
Hey Curtis,

It takes some time to make the metal switch. But once you get there you never want to look back. And there is more coming soon...

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login