Re: Hollywood and FCP X

Hollywood and FCP X (February 26, 2015 04:41AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: Hollywood and FCP X (February 26, 2015 04:58AM) philsfilm
Wow!
Re: Hollywood and FCP X (February 26, 2015 08:20AM) Joe Redifer
That's cool. I hope they were able to provide feedback to Apple during this process.
Re: Hollywood and FCP X (February 27, 2015 01:36AM) Christoph Vonrhein
Re: Hollywood and FCP X (February 27, 2015 06:29PM) ronny courtens
Although Focus gets the attention because it's a Hollywood studio film (as far as this still means anything today) this is not the first major feature film that has been cut on FCP X. Two years ago Tsui Hark, an award winning Chinese director, already edited Rise of the Sea Dragon in FCP X. This 3D-movie was a blockbuster in China. Since then over 30 independent feature films have been cut on FCP X, some of which got awarded in Berlin or Cannes, and at this moment two other Hollywood features are being edited in X as well. Even more important is that a lot of feature-length tv-shows are being cut on X at this time in some of the largest television production companies. I will publish some articles about all this in a few weeks, and there will be two in-depth articles about the Focus workflow coming on FCP.co. So it's not really a 'Cold Mountain' moment, it's been going on for some time and I can see that FCP X is getting very well adopted in the higher-end workflows.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Hollywood and FCP X (February 28, 2015 12:58AM) philsfilm
That's great, Ronny. I would love to see those articles, especially the one on the "Focus" workflow. BTW, although I am not a Will Smith fan, I plan to see "Focus" this weekend because of FCP X.
Re: Hollywood and FCP X (February 28, 2015 10:16AM) Joe Redifer
Hollywood certainly doesn't mean "quality" by any stretch, but it does mean "exposure". For better or for worse, Hollywood stuff generally gets seen by a greater majority of the world's population.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login