Re: Renaming Clips In Capture Folder

Renaming Clips In Capture Folder (February 26, 2015 06:10AM) Tom George
Is there a way to rename captured clips after you name them in the Browser?

I'm using FCP 6.

Thanks,

Tom
Re: Renaming Clips In Capture Folder (February 27, 2015 11:07AM) David Harbsmeier
Renaming clips after they've been captured or imported into an FCP project can often be problematic. If the source clip name changes (or its location changes), FCP will have trouble locating it and most likely, the clip will be "offline" and need to be reconnected.

To change a source clip's name, navigate to the drive and folder that contain the clip and manually change the name. The acion does not require FCP to be open, but as I stated above, the next time you open that project, you will have to reconnect the renamed media.

-DH
Re: Renaming Clips In Capture Folder (February 28, 2015 04:25AM) Tom George
DH,

I remember a long time ago that you could select clips in the Browser then with the proper command(?) be able to rename
the source clips that reside in the Capture Folder. I searched Ken's site but could not find any info on this.

Tom
Re: Renaming Clips In Capture Folder (February 28, 2015 04:54AM) philsfilm
Tom,

After you rename the clip in the Browser or Bin, you click on the clip, hold the Control key (or right click), scroll down the drop down menu on the lower left and click on rename file to match clip (or vice versa). See picture.

Phil
Re: Renaming Clips In Capture Folder (February 28, 2015 07:42AM) Tom George
Phil,

That worked great. Thanks.
Re: Renaming Clips In Capture Folder (February 28, 2015 08:30AM) philsfilm
You're very welcome.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login