Re: PRAM Question

PRAM Question (February 26, 2015 06:13AM) Tom George
Mac G5 running Tiger.

Besides my Mac HD I also have another hard drive, (AV10), in my Mac. Usually when I boot up both drives mount on the Desktop but about 30 - 40 percent of the time the AV10 does not mount and I have to shut down and reboot while zapping the PRAM. What could be causing this problem and what is the fix for this?

Thanks,

Tom
Re: PRAM Question (February 27, 2015 01:39AM) Christoph Vonrhein
Re: PRAM Question (February 27, 2015 10:10AM) Tom George
Christoph,

I cannot find the CR2032 battery you mentioned in my G5 Mac. I did find a small, tubular one, LS 14250. Is this the one that I should be replacing? If not then where is the PRAM slots?

Thanks,

Tom
Re: PRAM Question (February 27, 2015 11:13AM) David Harbsmeier
Re: PRAM Question (February 28, 2015 07:45AM) Tom George
I installed the new battery and the drive would not mount after starting the computer four times so I started it again while zapping the PRAM and it mounted. After working with the computer I shut down and restarted the computer without zapping the PRAM and the drive mounted on the Desktop. I'll monitor this and see if the drive mounts when I start the computer the next few times I'm on it.

Tom
Re: PRAM Question (February 28, 2015 09:10AM) Christoph Vonrhein
Re: PRAM Question (March 01, 2015 12:53AM) XGTV
It could simply be that the drive is on it's way out. I would copy the contents to an external drive and then reformat. If it mounts reliably for the following week copy the contents back. If not, put a new one in there.
Re: PRAM Question (March 04, 2015 02:37PM) Tom George
It mounted a few times without zapping the PRAM then it wouldn't mount again unless I zapped the PRAM so I ordered a new hard drive from OWC.

Tom
Re: PRAM Question (March 12, 2015 04:43AM) Tom George
The new hard drive is installed and so far mounts on the Desktop without zapping the PRAM.

Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login