Re: making text checklist

making text checklist (March 03, 2015 04:55AM) eeler1
Ok, I'm doing product reviews, and want to include a checklist of features, that I can check off as I cover each one. List of maybe 8 or 10 items, and need to be additive, where the x or check gets added as we go and we see the whole list. Anybody know of a good tutorial for something like this?

One option that I can think of involves using iterations of the list created in MS word or excel, saved as a series of images. Should work, but seems awfully clunky.

Other option I suppose is to print out the list, and then just video it, checking it off by hand. Kind of a low tech method without much eye appeal. And my penmanship is terrible, even just for check marks.

Doesn't need to be professional, but would be nice to appear competent in the tech dept. Suggestions appreciated.
Re: making text checklist (March 03, 2015 08:40PM) David Harbsmeier
If you're using FCP 7 or earlier, use the Boris Title 3D text generator that's bundled with FCP. From what you described, it appears that you want to have each of the 8 items pop on screen one at a time - that can be done a few different ways but probably the easiest two are to:

A) create a separate text clip for each item and line them up on the Timeline so they show at the right moment. If the check mark needs to come in later, create a text clip for those separately and adjust the X, Y axis so they line up properly on-screen.

B) This only works in Boris Title 3D: create the list of features, including check marks on one text clip - but set the color opacity to 0% on all text except for the first item. Cut the text clip on the Timeline at each place a new feature (or check mark) should show up. After each cut, change the color opacity to 100% for the next item that will be shown.

-DH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login