Re: Can Timecode be made visible in the Storyline?

Can Timecode be made visible in the Storyline? (March 18, 2015 12:32PM) philsfilm
Hi Ken,

I want to cut sync sound audio from a clip in the browser to a corresponding clip already in the primary storyline (see clip below labeled "Races-Sack Race"). Using the playhead, I hit Shift + F to locate the matching point in the browser clip. Then, in the Audio Only setting, using Q, I cut the audio clip in as a Connected Clip at the appropriate place below the primary storyline. My question: is there a way, as in FCP 7, to match the timecode in the browser audio clip to the clip already in the storyline to insure that is in dead sync. I know that Control + Y and Skimming will show me the timecode in the browser clip but is there a way to see the timecode in the clip in the storyline as there is in FCP 7?

Thanks,
Phil
Re: Can Timecode be made visible in the Storyline? (March 18, 2015 07:36PM) ronny courtens
Hi Phil,

So your question is: can we see the source time code on a clip that is in the timeline? The answer is: not yet.
But you don't need this for what you are trying to do because there is a much easier solution in FCP X.

- Put your playhead at the start of the clip in the timeline, then press Shift+F and D. This will replace the video-only with video and its embedded audio.

- Double-click the lower side of the clip to expand the audio and drag it to wherever you want it to start. You can even drag out the end to mix it with audio from the next next clip. As you are working with the embedded audio it will always remain in dead sync with the video, no matter what you do.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Can Timecode be made visible in the Storyline? (March 18, 2015 10:39PM) philsfilm
Thanks so much, Ronny!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login