Re: DVD Studio Pro 4, Does not work after OS upgrade to OS X 10.9.5

DVD Studio Pro 4, Does not work after OS upgrade to OS X 10.9.5 (March 23, 2015 09:31AM) Joe Yunkman
Hello to all, this is my first time at this.

I have been out of production do to health for several years. Doing what I can to get things up and running again only to find out the industry has changed. One of the first things I did was to up-graded operating OS to OSX 10.9.5, now DVDs studio pro does not work. Using "Simulate" System crashes. MultiMediaImporter.oxygen files do not respond. When making a button and go to "Color" in the "Inspector" , there are no choices for colors. In talking with Apple they said the that this OS I am using does not support DVD Studio 4. Is this true is there a work around. I have clients that are using standard DVDs.

Thank You.

Joe
Re: DVD Studio Pro 4, Does not work after OS upgrade to OS X 10.9.5 (March 23, 2015 07:39PM) Joe Redifer
I am using OSX 10.10.2 and have none of those problems (though I have no idea what MultiMediaImporter.oxygen files are). I installed it fresh after I installed the OS so maybe give a reinstall a try.
Re: DVD Studio Pro 4, Does not work after OS upgrade to OS X 10.9.5 (March 24, 2015 06:00AM) Joe Yunkman
Thank you Joe,

I will try the reinstall. I am thinking I may have to go back to OSX 10.10.2. It was working before I upgraded to OSX 10.9.5. So maybe the reinstall will make the difference.

Thank You

Joe
Re: DVD Studio Pro 4, Does not work after OS upgrade to OS X 10.9.5 (March 26, 2015 02:26PM) Alexander
Joe Yunkman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you Joe,
>
> I will try the reinstall. I am thinking I may
> have to go back to OSX 10.10.2. It was working
> before I upgraded to OSX 10.9.5. So maybe the
> reinstall will make the difference.
>
> Thank You
>
> Joe

Going back to 10.10.2 before upgrading to 10.9.5 ??
You seem unclear on where you are.
Re: DVD Studio Pro 4, Does not work after OS upgrade to OS X 10.9.5 (March 27, 2015 09:35AM) Joe Yunkman
Yes, I punched in the wrong OS. It should have read something before 10.9.5 or upgrading to 10.10.2.

Thank you.

Joe
Re: DVD Studio Pro 4, Does not work after OS upgrade to OS X 10.9.5 (March 28, 2015 02:42AM) XGTV
Joe, Final cut studio 3 was killed off around four years ago and later operating systems were written without taking FCS3 into account. If you want everything to work as it should and you have an older computer then I suggest that you do a ground up install of OSX 10.6 or 7 and FCS3, then everything will work just fine. Some components of the suite can, with some jiggery pokery, be made to work on the newer OS's, but sometimes with unexpected results. I've heard of gamma shifts in DVDSP when being made run on the later operating systems.

Whilst others mays suggest ways of getting around things, I think it's best to keep things simple and run things on the correct OS, as listed by Apple under System requirements, supported operating systems. For me there is no point in running an operating system which takes away more functionality than it gives.
Re: DVD Studio Pro 4, Does not work after OS upgrade to OS X 10.9.5 (March 28, 2015 03:00AM) Joe Yunkman
XGTV,

Thank You. I do have an older machine that I could reload OSX 10.6 or 7 on. I have been trying to keep my computers on the same OS for operating consistency. I guess now would be a good time to change that practice, and set the older on up to handle the older programs that are a part of my operations.

Again thank you,

Joe
Re: DVD Studio Pro 4, Does not work after OS upgrade to OS X 10.9.5 (March 28, 2015 07:53PM) Joe Redifer
Re: DVD Studio Pro 4, Does not work after OS upgrade to OS X 10.9.5 (March 28, 2015 03:59AM) XGTV
You're very welcome Joe. I hope you are up and running and editing again soon and continue in good health.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login