FCP X Unemployment

FCP X Unemployment (April 05, 2015 01:37AM) philsfilm
Re: FCP X Unemployment (April 05, 2015 04:56AM) ronny courtens
Re: FCP X Unemployment (April 05, 2015 07:34AM) philsfilm
Ronny,
Thank you so much for your valuable input! You've made my day. I know FCP X is used as well by the editors at the Toronto Globe and Mail website. I just wonder why none of the employers that you listed don't advertise their positions on mandy.com. Not that that is the be-all and end-all of editor job listings but it's what I receive every week. It got me discouraged when I saw the lack of FCP listings. I didn't know that NBC Universal used FCP X for post. This is all good to know.
Once again, you are a valuable source of knowledge, Ronny.

-Phil
Re: FCP X Unemployment (April 05, 2015 07:30PM) ronny courtens
Hi Phil,

There are some very large and very active communities for FCP X editors on the internet. When companies want to find professional FCP X editors they just post their offerings in these communities. That works much faster because there they immediately reach thousands of people who directly qualify for these jobs.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: FCP X Unemployment (April 08, 2015 10:59AM) Joe Redifer
I'm disappointed that the server is only 98TB. You should consider adding 3 more TB just so you can say "Over 100TB!" :)
Re: FCP X Unemployment (April 08, 2015 05:12PM) ronny courtens
LOL!! Actually it IS over 100TB but as we chose to have double redundancy (it will still run even when two drives fail at exactly the same time) the effective storage capacity is 98TB. And if you love big figures: it can be expanded to 1 Petabyte without any issues (-:

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: FCP X Unemployment (April 09, 2015 12:08AM) philsfilm
Look at all the interesting info and discussion that my whining started!
Re: FCP X Unemployment (April 06, 2015 07:42AM) Peter
Ronny, i am going get a divorce, learn x, leave my kids and then come work for you. Deal?
Re: FCP X Unemployment (April 06, 2015 07:49AM) ronny courtens
Hi Peter,

You are always welcome (-:

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: FCP X Unemployment (April 08, 2015 02:21AM) mjskywalker
Well written Ronny! Do you have any other pics with multiple stations. We are excited to work in a large working space and any ideas people have used in the past would be helpful. I do like the one you just posted. :)

Thanks!

Jason
Re: FCP X Unemployment (April 08, 2015 02:53AM) ronny courtens
Hi Jason,

The photo just shows a small part of the setup. In total there are 20 editing seats in the open working space plus 8 dedicated editing rooms, all connected via CAT6 to a 98TB central storage system in a secured server room. The editing rooms are used for audio, grading and finishing while the open space is a place where anyone can connect to the server to work on parts of the program: journalists, post-producers and program editors.

I do have photos from other large FCP X setups we are working on but these projects are still under NDA for some time, so I cannot post the photos in public yet. But I have attached another one, showing FCP X being used to live-log multicam streams during the recording of a sitcom in a major studio. The program gets pre-edited while the streams are being recorded. Apple have abandoned the pro market? My ass (-:

Best wishes,

Ronny

Re: FCP X Unemployment (April 08, 2015 03:43AM) philsfilm
Keep these updates coming, Ronny! You are certainly in the forefront.

Best,
Phil
Re: FCP X Unemployment (April 08, 2015 03:51AM) mjskywalker
Nice! Thanks Ronny!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login