Re: Additional Blu-rays from single Compressor setting?

Additional Blu-rays from single Compressor setting? (April 07, 2015 11:45AM) philsfilm
Re: Additional Blu-rays from single Compressor setting? (April 07, 2015 12:21PM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Phil,

Compressor is a compression application. You will need an authoring app, like Toast to assemble (author) and burn DVDs and Blu-ray. DVD SP does DVDs only, no Blu-ray.

You can make basic DVDs and Blu-ray disks from inside FCP X using the Share function. You will need a Blu-ray burner.

You can make a 'disk image' using FCP X. In Share > Blu-ray select your hard drive as the Destination rather than a burner. You can then burn from the Disk Image any number of times.

--ken
Re: Additional Blu-rays from single Compressor setting? (April 07, 2015 03:39PM) philsfilm
Thanks, Ken.

I do have a Pioneer Blu-ray burner. Although I am now working in FCP X, I have a 25 minute film already finished in FCP 7 that I will need to make multiple Blu-rays of for film festivals. It looks like Toast 12 is the way to go.
Re: Additional Blu-rays from single Compressor setting? (April 09, 2015 03:23AM) philsfilm
Hi Ken,

Just made a Blu-ray Disk Image with Compressor 3.5.3 from a Master File and burned a Blu-ray from it which played fine on VLC. So it seems that I don't really need Toast.

-Phil
Re: Additional Blu-rays from single Compressor setting? (April 09, 2015 06:01AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Phil,

Good to hear. Have you tested it out in a desktop Blu-ray player?

--ken
Re: Additional Blu-rays from single Compressor setting? (April 09, 2015 06:09AM) philsfilm
No, Ken. I don't own a Blu-ray player or Playstation. What I don't see in VLC, and need to check on, is the front menu that I created in Compressor. So the jury is still out on that.

-Phil
Re: Additional Blu-rays from single Compressor setting? (April 25, 2015 09:55AM) philsfilm
Ken,

Just checked it on a Sony Blu-ray player. The menu loads up first and works.

-Phil
Re: Additional Blu-rays from single Compressor setting? (April 25, 2015 09:58AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Phil,

Excellent, good to hear that it works on desktop players.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login