Re: Relinking in a Corrupted FCPX File

Relinking in a Corrupted FCPX File (April 19, 2015 01:29AM) MitchellRose
Re: Relinking in a Corrupted FCPX File (April 19, 2015 07:57PM) ronny courtens
Re: Relinking in a Corrupted FCPX File (April 20, 2015 01:58AM) MitchellRose
Re: Relinking in a Corrupted FCPX File (April 20, 2015 04:37AM) ronny courtens
Ah, I see where the unlinking comes from.

In that case a good place to store the Backups folder is on the student's drive. This will prevent paths getting corrupted no matter what computer the student works on.

Now you could say: hey but storing Backups on the same drive as the Library is useless, if the drive goes down you lose your Library and your Backups. My reply would be: I would be surprised if the students have backup drives for their media at all, so if the drive goes down everything is gone anyway. Is that correct?

But if storing Backups on the student's drives is not something you wish to do, you always can tell the students to modify the location of Backups to the Movies drive of the computer they start working on. If anything goes wrong they will be able to open the Backup without having to relink.

As to the specific issue of this student: she can relink to the Original Media folder inside her Library. Of course she will have to go into Finder to do this, which is something I never encourage. But this is an exception.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Relinking in a Corrupted FCPX File (April 20, 2015 09:10AM) MitchellRose
Re: Relinking in a Corrupted FCPX File (April 20, 2015 07:30PM) ronny courtens
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login