Re: Chapter markers in DVDSP

Chapter markers in DVDSP (April 26, 2015 11:55AM) pnutsnz
Hi everyone,

Good to see everybody using this help site. Has been good reading to see what everyone is doing!,

Well, I have a weird problem that I have not encounted in DVDSP that has me baffled.
When the video is playing and comes across a chapter marker (from playing at the start), it immediatley stops and returns to the start of the video, then plays from there.
I thought maybe that part of the video is corrupt where the chapter marker is, so I move it a little to the right or left, play again from th start, and same thing happens.
So I delete that marker and create a new one, re-link it, same again. Video stops, then starts back from the start again.
But from the menu I can select that chapter and it will go to it and play from there no problems.
I can certainly just remove the marker all together, but would be nice to have the link there and active.
So far there are 2 chapters near the start that do this, not got round to checking the rest.

Wonder if anybody else has spied upon this problem?
Re: Chapter markers in DVDSP (April 28, 2015 11:27AM) Trig Simon
If you add the chapter marker with no link to it, can you select next chapter and play from there?
Does it do it on all chapter markers?
If you put the chapter marker 30 frames ahead or behind that spot, will it do the same thing?

Don't have an answer, but these may be clues.

Trig
Re: Chapter markers in DVDSP (April 29, 2015 02:29PM) Alexander
Post your settings in the inspector tab, something is wrong in there.

Cheers
Alexander
Re: Chapter markers in DVDSP (April 29, 2015 10:12PM) pnutsnz
Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the reply. I think I may know the problem based on the reply I got from Ronny.
Ronny said that I need to setup DVDSP with the settings for SD-PAL-WIDE, which are 1024x576. Just not too sure how to do this within Compressor. I can select one of the many presets, but cannot see where I adjust the X/Y pixel size.
Any ideas?.
Or would I need to setup the size in FCPX (1024x576) right from the start, then bring in the footage from the camera (1920x1080) into that timeline setting?.

Cheers,

Pete
Re: Chapter markers in DVDSP (April 30, 2015 07:10PM) Alexander
pnutsnz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Alexander,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I think I may know the
> problem based on the reply I got from Ronny.
> Ronny said that I need to setup DVDSP with the
> settings for SD-PAL-WIDE, which are 1024x576. Just
> not too sure how to do this within Compressor. I
> can select one of the many presets, but cannot see
> where I adjust the X/Y pixel size.
> Any ideas?.
> Or would I need to setup the size in FCPX
> (1024x576) right from the start, then bring in the
> footage from the camera (1920x1080) into that
> timeline setting?.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pete

If the video is displaying correctly, then you have an authoring problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login