Re: Speed Control on Rotating 3D Title

Speed Control on Rotating 3D Title (May 09, 2015 04:00AM) philsfilm
So I have this Rotating 3D title with a prebuilt move with a set timing. I know that in Inspector there are accelerate and decelerate settings. But is there any way in FCP X that I can control the speed of the swivel? I know that the speed control setting will not work on titles and generators.

Thanks,
Phil
Re: Speed Control on Rotating 3D Title (May 09, 2015 07:56AM) Joe Redifer
I think you have to "Open a copy in Motion" and allow the parameters to be adjusted and then publish back to FCPX. I forget the exact steps to do this.
Re: Speed Control on Rotating 3D Title (May 10, 2015 12:51AM) ronny courtens
Hi Phil,

You could modify the Retiming settings of the template in Motion, but there's no real need for this.

Just put the title clip on the timeline, make it into a compound clip and retime the compound clip.

- When you retime the compound clip the timing of the Swivel animation (or any other animation option you have chosen) will automatically slow down or speed up.

- If you want to have different speeds for the start animation and the end animation: blade the CC and retime each part as you wish (see screenshot).

- You still can modify the title any way you wish after you have put it into a compound clip: just open the CC in its own timeline, modify the title and go back to the main timeline. All your changes will reflect in the CC, even if you have cut the CC in different parts.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Speed Control on Rotating 3D Title (May 10, 2015 12:54AM) philsfilm
Cool! Thanks, Ronny!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login