Re: Help with live streaming and FCP needed

Help with live streaming and FCP needed (May 14, 2015 03:47AM) larrys
Hi Ken and All,

I have just purchased some new equipment from Livestream as I have started producing live webinars. I have learned that the software records the raw stream (iso recording) as a Motion AVI file. I will then need to edit this in FCP. I have never worked with this type of file, will FCP work with it natively? If not, what do I need to do to use the file in FCP?

Also, I can use cameras that have HDMI out or HD-SDI out. Has anyone here produced live streaming events? Can you recommend the best option so that I will get best video as well as best embedded audio for my live stream?

Thanks for any insights!

Larry

Re: Help with live streaming and FCP needed (May 17, 2015 01:04PM) Craig Seeman
Re: Help with live streaming and FCP needed (May 17, 2015 01:11PM) Craig Seeman
Re: Help with live streaming and FCP needed (May 17, 2015 02:18PM) larrys
Hi Craig,

Thanks for the feedback! By best option, I meant is using SDI better then HDMI for cameras with embedded audio. I heard that there can be sync issues with HDMI but I am not sure if this is reality. I was thinking of using Panasonic GH4's which have HDMI out. If you use an AC adapter, the GH4 will run continuously. Or, if you record to a card it will also run continuously. But! If a pro camcorder with SDI is really far superior, I would go with that route. Any thoughts?

Yes, you are correct, it is "Motion JPEG" in AVI container. Do you know if the latest version of FCP will edit Motion JPEG natively?

Thanks again,

Larry
Re: Help with live streaming and FCP needed (May 17, 2015 07:06PM) Craig Seeman
SDI is capable of longer cable runs generally so that would be a better way to go if possible, assuming you need long cable runs.

I don't think HDMI is more prone to sync issues. It's a digital signal with digital clock.

Apple probably wouldn't list AVI as compatible but I remember from FCP7 days that AVI worked although one got a warning. You'd have to test. Ask someone for a test file.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login