Re: Saving Effects Preset in FCP X

Saving Effects Preset in FCP X (May 17, 2015 11:53PM) philsfilm
Hi Ken,

I customized a Preset using the "Photo Recall" effect.
Using keyframes within the Photo Recall effect, I moved the interior frame from the left side of the larger frame (sliding the X) to the center while increasing the scale (See pic # 1).
Then, I saved the Customized Effect in Basics calling it "Moving Film Frame" (See pic #2). You can see that within the "Save Video Effects Preset" box, Keyframes are indicated.

However, when I added the newly created "Moving Film Frame" effect onto a new scene, only the increasing scale size keyframe was reproduced, not the X slide from left to center. I've repeated it several times and even trashed the preferences, always with the same result.

Do you have any idea why one set of keyframe movements would be "saved" and not another?

Just to be clear, I did not use "Transform" because "Photo Recall" offered the X & Y position options.

Thanks,
Phil

Re: Saving Effects Preset in FCP X (May 18, 2015 05:15PM) ronny courtens
Hi Phil,

I have done some tests and I think you have discovered a bug.

- When you create an effect on a clip and you save it as an Effects Preset everything will work fine when you apply the Preset to another clip. But when you apply the same Preset to a compound clip the Preset will not work as expected.

- When you create an effect on a compound clip and you save it as an Effects Preset everything will work fine when you apply the Preset to another compound clip, but not when you apply the same Preset to a regular clip.

This issue only affects animated x and y position parameters that are part of the effect. It does not affect other parameters of the effect, nor the FCP X Transform parameters. And it only happens when a Preset has been created on a regular clip and the Preset is applied to a compound clip (or vice-versa).

The issue is easily reproducible.

Please submit a bug report to Apple and supply a link to this thread.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Saving Effects Preset in FCP X (May 19, 2015 04:42AM) philsfilm
Re: Saving Effects Preset in FCP X (May 19, 2015 06:02AM) ronny courtens
Hi Phil,

Just tested again and you are correct: it also happens with regular clips. Thank you for reporting this.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Saving Effects Preset in FCP X (May 19, 2015 08:31AM) philsfilm
Ronny,

I just reported it to Apple.

-Phil
Re: Saving Effects Preset in FCP X (May 19, 2015 09:04AM) ronny courtens
Great, Phil. Thank you.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login