Re: 3D Title Customized Preset Not Saved

3D Title Customized Preset Not Saved (May 19, 2015 07:09AM) philsfilm
Hi Ken,

When I saved the Original Customized Preset of the 3D Titles (see pic #1) in the Multiple Material setting ("Save Materials"), it only saved one of the settings, in this case, the Front one set for Brown Concrete which was duplicated for all sides of the letters (see pic #2). It did not preserve my settings for Front Edge, Side, Back Edge, Back. It just copied the Brown Concrete to those positions which was not what I had customized. Also, do you happen to know what those "paper clip" like icons are underneath each material?

Thanks,
Phil
Re: 3D Title Customized Preset Not Saved (May 19, 2015 08:41AM) philsfilm
I called Apple Support. She explained that you can only save a single Material Preset, not a Multiple. You have to
do that with the setting at the top: "Save All Format + Appearance Attributes". It works.
Re: 3D Title Customized Preset Not Saved (May 19, 2015 09:18AM) ronny courtens
Hi Phil,

Thanks for posting the solution.

The "paperclips" are link symbols. When you apply different materials to different facets of the 3D title or logo you can link multiple facets by shift-clicking the link symbol of the facets you want to link.

Linked facets act as a group. When you select any facet in the linked group, all linked facets are highlighted. Changes made to any of the highlighted facets are automatically made to all other facets in the linked group.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login