FCPX Syncronise audio and video that is out of sync

FCPX Syncronise audio and video that is out of sync (May 22, 2015 03:44AM) game-b
I shot some music clips under difficult conditions in the Philippines. So the playback machine for the prerecorded audio played the sound slower than the original song, while we were recording the video. The difference is may be 3-5%. Is there any way to correct this in FCPX? Thanks for helping.
Re: FCPX Syncronise audio and video that is out of sync (May 22, 2015 06:12AM) ronny courtens
So you have recorded video based on an audio track that played too slow. If you don't know exactly how much the speed difference is between the audio from the playback machine and the original audio track this will be hard to fix.

I presume the audio of the playback machine has been recorded by the camera together with the video?

Put the original music (correct speed) on the timeline and manually synch the start of the first video clip to the music, then press CMD+R and drag the retiming handle to the left until the end of the video clip is also in synch with the music. Once you have done this for one clip you will know how much the speed difference is between the original music and the audio from the playback machine. If this difference is constant to will be easy to manually synch adjust the remaining clips.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: FCPX Syncronise audio and video that is out of sync (May 22, 2015 06:09PM) game-b
Thanks a lot Ronny, I will try this.
Re: FCPX Syncronise audio and video that is out of sync (June 24, 2015 04:20AM) game-b
Hi Ronny,
just to update: I resolved this issue in the retiming menu. Selecting "Custom" and then the perfect synch-speed was putting the video to 100,4%. This was it. Thanks again so much, that saved a lot of work.
Re: FCPX Syncronise audio and video that is out of sync (June 24, 2015 04:41AM) ronny courtens
Good to hear you found the solution, and thank you for posting it.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login