Best screening format "blue ray"? or other?

Best screening format "blue ray"? or other? (June 08, 2015 10:01PM) game-b
In 2 days I have a "premiere" screening in a movie theater of a film project that I did lately. I exported this film with the "Master default" settings in the highest quality: 1920x1080, 24fps, 53 minutes, aprox 45GB. What would be the best format for the screening. The movie theater told me something about Blue Ray. I never touched that format so far. Does FCPX support this? Is this the best option? Anything easier or better? Thanks for helping. Cheers
Re: Best screening format "blue ray"? or other? (June 09, 2015 04:19AM) philsfilm
Yes, it does. I would suggest making it through Compressor. However, you need to have a Blu-ray burner and to purchase Blu-ray disks.
Re: Best screening format "blue ray"? or other? (June 09, 2015 07:50AM) Joe Redifer
You can do Blu-ray or you can encode a proper DCP which will look much better and have far fewer compression artifacts. Then again if you recorded on a camera that shoots in any kind of MP4/.264 or other compressed format the benefit would be lost. Also you'd have to bring a USB hard drive with the DCP on it and give the theater an hour or so to ingest it to their server.

Call the theater and ask them if you can give them a DCP. Some theaters are weird so it's best to make absolutely sure what they want first. If that's a go then I can tell you how to make a DCP.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login