Re: Chapter Markers

Chapter Markers (July 15, 2015 05:55AM) Donnie411
I have a project with about 30 chapter markers in it. When I export the file (with chapter markers), then try to create a DVD in either iDVD, Toast, or DVD (via share), there are 107 chapters...

How do I fix this? I do this type of project often and have never had this issue.

FCPX 10.1.2
Re: Chapter Markers (July 15, 2015 08:20AM) ronny courtens
Hi Donnie,

The best solution is to delete all chapter markers from the timeline, create a new timeline and copy/paste the contents of the original timeline onto the new one. Then you add your 30 chapter markers and you export.That should work.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Chapter Markers (July 15, 2015 03:19PM) Donnie411
Thank you for the advice. It seemed like a plausible solution; I tried it, but the results were identical.

I'm still wide open for other suggestions.
Re: Chapter Markers (July 15, 2015 08:07PM) ronny courtens
Donnie,

I am unable to reproduce this problem. I have also checked my notes and I haven't found any similar reports. As you have never had this issue yourself, I think this may be one of those unexpected behaviors that can probably be solved by deleting your FCP X preferences. Close FCP X and open it again while holding the ALT+CMD keys pressed down. You will get a message asking you if you want to delete your preferences. Confirm and let FCP X launch. Then check if the problem is solved.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login