Re: DVD Chapter Marker Question FCP 7...need help.

DVD Chapter Marker Question FCP 7...need help. (July 24, 2015 06:13AM) cynluv
Hello, I have 3 edited sequences in a project in FCP 7. I want to burn a simple DVD in either iDVD or DVD SP...(not sure yet which)

My question is...Can I copy and paste each of the 3 sequences (one at a time) into a 4th sequence timeline (end to end in the correct order), and then put the chapter markers in the new 4th sequence timeline. Will this work for either iDVD or DVD SP? I will probably just do a few (perhaps 4 or 5) simple text chapter buttons....nothing fancy so I may go with iDVD. Thanks.

Cindy : )
Re: DVD Chapter Marker Question FCP 7...need help. (July 25, 2015 02:32AM) David
Yes.
DD
Re: DVD Chapter Marker Question FCP 7...need help. (July 26, 2015 03:14AM) UptownVideo
David...I am going to export a sequence from FCP 7 for iDVD also (it's 1hr and 40min. long) and it was shot in 1080i. What would be the best export settings to use in FCP 7 to use for iDVD? Thanks...

Phil
Re: DVD Chapter Marker Question FCP 7...need help. (July 27, 2015 09:46AM) David
Phil, I don't have FCP7, nor have I edited in anything other than 720x480, and I'm assuming that 1080i is HD, in which case you wouldn't export to iDVD.

DD
Re: DVD Chapter Marker Question FCP 7...need help. (August 07, 2015 04:25AM) Videot
David is right - iDVD probably won't know what to do with a 1080i video. Best bet is maybe when you build that 4th timeline (for creating your chapter stops), you export with QT conversion as DV-NTSC (not sure, due to no experience with this, if maintaining chapter markers will be an option at this point, although I'd be surprised if it's not possible here).

If you're comfortable with DVD Studio Pro, you can export without any conversion, use Compressor to convert to DVD-ready MPEG2 and AC3 files, and build your DVD there.

iDVD won't take MPEG-2 and AC3 files like DVD Studio Pro will, so your choices are pretty well defined here.

- M.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login