Relink Files in FCPX (10.1.2)

Relink Files in FCPX (10.1.2) (July 25, 2015 05:03AM) TButler
I had to move all my files from a project to a different HD. During the "Relink Files" process the computer relinked one clip to the wrong file (So where 'Ben' is supposed to be you now see 'Raul' instead). I didn't discover the error for a few months because not much was used in the 90 minute documentary. Now that I found the problem when I relink to the correct file, that file has been restored fine but the other file has been replaced (so now when you are supposed to see 'Raul' you see 'Ben'). It is confusing I know but there should be an easy to relink the correct file without this happening. Any suggestions?
Re: Relink Files in FCPX (10.1.2) (July 27, 2015 06:28AM) ronny courtens
When you use the relink function, you can manually point FCP X to the file that you think is the correct one (using Locate) and relink to that file. In your case, relink "Ben" to the file that corresponds with Ben, and then relink "Raoul" to the file that corresponds with Raoul.

FYI: you never, ever should need to relink anything in FCP X. When you need to move files to a different drive you can do this straight from within FCP X, never move anything in Finder.

To move all the media for a production to a new drive:

1. Select the Library and in the Inspector press the Modify Settings tab. The storage locations window will open.
2. In the storage locations window, change the Media destination to a folder on your new drive.
3. Press the Consolidate button. All your media will be moved to the folder on your new HD and you won't have to relink anything.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login