Re: How do you reconnect clips in imovie?

How do you reconnect clips in imovie? (August 17, 2015 10:14AM) gijacklin
My main external drive for a project got plugged in to a PC by accident and that for some reason made it not work. I took it back to staples and we were able at least get all files transferred to a new HD that is formatted properly for mac. But again my sequence in the time line is not seeing this new drive at all let alone each movie file and pic, song etc... This is a weeks worth of work in editing for my first reality docuseires episode. I am ready to have a heat attack. It was done! Edited! Beautiful and now imovie doesn't see any of the original files. Please tell me I can fix this and I didn't work all week for nothing.
Re: How do you reconnect clips in imovie? 911 my whole show is gone?! (August 17, 2015 10:45AM) gijacklin
dying for anything on this... in fcp it would be so easy.
Re: How do you reconnect clips in imovie? (August 17, 2015 10:16PM) ronny courtens
An iMovie project is a closed container that holds your sequences and all the media needed for those sequences. For this reason, you never need to relink anything in iMovie.

When you have copied an iMovie project to a different drive you only need to connect that drive to your Mac, open the drive in Finder and double-click the iMovie project that is on the drive. This will launch the project in iMovie and all the sequences and media should be intact.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: How do you reconnect clips in imovie? (August 18, 2015 05:52AM) gijacklin
UH no idea what planet that works on. I had to spend a whole day reconnecting all my files in the time line by going to original footage folder in a round about way. Just @#$%&. I miss fcp 7 so bad. But at least I'm about done. Thanks bud.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login