Re: kenstone.net

kenstone.net (August 27, 2015 11:56AM) peter rooney
I've been in and out of this forum for a few years now, never met Ken, don't really know him but learned a HUGE amount here. As i dip back in now and then it's my habit to type 'kenstone' in my browswer and I don't get the 'home' page but get that black and white picture of the lady holding a candle and it pauses me. There is something very arresting and hypnotic about that simple composition, the lighting, the pose, the elegance and the classical beauty of it. I like it each time I see it. Thank you Ken for this forum and for what I've learned here and for what it's worth that picture and your artwork is timeless.
Re: kenstone.net (August 28, 2015 07:02AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: kenstone.net (August 29, 2015 12:13AM) philsfilm
I've been coming to this site for advice since 2001 when I got my G4 and had started with FCP2.
I made a pilgrimmage to LA in 2004 to meet Ken in person at his studio.
He and the valuable connections such as Ronny Courtens that I have made through his website have become
an integral part of my life.

Ken is the man.

Re: kenstone.net (August 29, 2015 02:52AM) ronny courtens
This board was my first experience ever with help forums. In 2004 I had switched our post house from Avid to FCP 4.5 in less than a week, and I needed help with figuring out how we could get everything to work. I was so pleased with the kind assistance I got here that I decided to start helping other people as well once I got more familiar with FCP. Today I help large production companies and broadcasters in Europe switch to FCP X, and in two weeks I will give my first public presentation on FCP X in multi-user workflows during a special FCP X event at IBC in Amsterdam. Light One Candle...

So many thanks to you, Ken. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you in person yet, but you are certainly on top of my must-meet list as soon as my work allows me to make that long-overdue trip to the other side of the pond.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: kenstone.net (August 29, 2015 03:54AM) philsfilm
You're the man as well, Ronny.
Re: kenstone.net (October 01, 2015 10:27AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi JR,

Just playing it forward, there were so many who helped me.

Enjoy,

--ken
Re: kenstone.net (September 01, 2015 03:01AM) jrosson
Ken, Ronnie,
This forum has been critical to my learning experience with legacy -- and now X.
What a help!
It keeps us in business - many thanks.
JR
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login