Re: El Capitan

El Capitan (October 01, 2015 02:42AM) philsfilm
Anybody try it yet? And more importantly, does anyone know if legacy apps such as FCP 7, DVDSP4, DVD Player will open with it running?

Thanks,
Phil
Re: El Capitan (October 01, 2015 06:36AM) Joe Redifer
I'm curious about FCP7 myself. I wanna do a backup of my current drive and then I will install the El Capitan update to the backup and see. But doing all this requires lots of time.

The name EL CAPITAN is completely retarded, though.
Re: El Capitan (October 01, 2015 09:52AM) philsfilm
I will wait a bit as always do until I hear more reports on it. Usually Ken is the first one to try it. Last year, I compared him
to the soldier in the WWII movies who volunteered to cross the mine field first.

I agree the name EL CAPITAN is lame. Who comes up these names?
Re: El Capitan (October 01, 2015 10:09AM) Ken Stone Admin
I have decided that I no longer want to be a Beta tester, so I plan on waiting a bit.

--ken
Re: El Capitan (October 01, 2015 10:21AM) philsfilm
Good for you, Ken.
Mine fields are dangerous.;-)
Re: El Capitan (October 02, 2015 07:55AM) philsfilm
Since Apple had series of feline OS titles (Tiger, Mountain Lion, Snow Leopard, etc.), I suggest, in keeping with the Spanish mode, that the next OS be ZORRO.
Re: El Capitan (October 02, 2015 09:17PM) ronny courtens
As always, don't update your OS to a next major version until the first bug fixes have been released. Having a new OS tested by the large public does not mean there are no initial bugs anymore, quite the opposite (-:

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: El Capitan (October 03, 2015 12:59AM) philsfilm
I always wait awhile, Ronny. Things are working well for me right now.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Re: El Capitan (October 18, 2015 04:22AM) Christoph Vonrhein
Re: El Capitan (October 18, 2015 04:39AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Christoph,

LOL.

--ken
Re: El Capitan (October 11, 2015 04:57AM) steve douglas
Remember when in the old days we eagerly updated right away....but we learned, didn't we?
Steve
Re: El Capitan (October 15, 2015 12:00PM) steve douglas
A bunch of updates for different apps today, all aimed at El Capitan users.
Re: El Capitan (October 20, 2015 12:27PM) Christoph Vonrhein
Re: El Capitan (October 23, 2015 05:06AM) MitchellRose
Re: El Capitan (October 23, 2015 05:33AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Mitchell,

We're all waiting on you.

--ken
Re: El Capitan (October 24, 2015 09:48AM) Joe Redifer
Re: El Capitan (October 24, 2015 12:26PM) philsfilm
But back to square one: does anyone know if FCP 7, Compressor, DVDSP4, DVD Player will open with it running?
Re: El Capitan (October 24, 2015 01:24PM) MitchellRose
Re: El Capitan (October 24, 2015 11:46PM) philsfilm
I had no problem with FCP Studio and Yosemite although I did a backup of Mountain Lion on a separate external drive.
I've yet to install EL Capitan but I do have periodic situations where FCP X takes forever to load and, often when it does, the projects and clips within an event are in a different order and I have to re-sort them. That bothers me a lot since FCP 7 and previous versions were always rock-solid in that regard. If I saved, everything always remained where it was when I had closed.

Mitchell, didn't you have a problem with thousands of preferences or plugins clogging your system that had to be dumped?
Re: your actors: I thought you were going to say that after the El Capitan install, they were speaking Spanish.

-Phil
Re: El Capitan (October 24, 2015 11:51PM) MitchellRose
Re: El Capitan (October 25, 2015 12:05AM) philsfilm
>I wish I had said that. Damn! That would have been so much better. Damn!

Ha! You sound like Bob Hope.
Re: El Capitan (October 29, 2015 05:20PM) GUSSS
Seems to work okay for me. I loaded it on a spare machine and I may eventually update my main system for which there is no rush - working well enough with Mavericks. Far less trouble than updating OS while running Avid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login