Re: merging library clips

merging library clips (October 21, 2015 11:58AM) larryn
New to FCPX. (10.1.4) I want to take clip A from Library 1 & use it in storyline of Library 2.
The clip will move and/or copy, but it will not play in storyline or browser of Library 2. (it will not show an image).
The clip has the same properties of Library 2 clips.
Also, when I drag onto storyline, the the storyline timeline over the clip turns red even after rendering.
Confused???
Re: merging library clips (October 21, 2015 04:31PM) ronny courtens
R-click the clip in the Library 2 browser and select "Reveal in Finder".
Does this reveal the original media for the clip?
If so: Open the original media in ST player. Do the original media play fine in QT player?
If so: Drag the original media from the Finder window onto the Library 2 browser. Does this solve the issue?

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: merging library clips (October 22, 2015 05:02AM) larryn
All the steps worked except I had the same result...no video.
I'm thinking that I might have ingested the media incorrectly. I went from the sd card directly in FCP. So when I pull the sd card out, some of the the clips goes off line (but not all the clips). I'm thinking of downloading the sd media into a folder on desktop & see if I can relink the offline clips. Both Libraries have media from the same sd card.
Re: merging library clips (October 22, 2015 05:57AM) ronny courtens
No need to relink. Just insert your card, select all the clips in the browser and choose File > Import > Reimport from Camera/Archive. Any clips that were offline will now be imported correctly, and <hen you then remove the card you should not get any offline clips anymore.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: merging library clips (October 22, 2015 06:26AM) larryn
That did the trick.
Thanks for your help.
Larry
Re: merging library clips (October 22, 2015 08:54PM) ronny courtens
My pleasure, Larry.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login