editing converted ProRes 422 footage on FCP7 - sequence advise

editing converted ProRes 422 footage on FCP7 - sequence advise (November 04, 2015 07:10AM) JavaPop
I have been using FCPx, and typically convert footage from my DSLR and any other footage to proves 422. My partner still uses fcp7 and I converted all of a recent wedding to proves 422.

I can't get a sequence setting that doesn't require rendering... any advise there?

Thanks!

-another fine day at
GreenPeas Productions
www.greenpeas.us
<")))))><
Re: editing converted ProRes 422 footage on FCP7 - sequence advise (November 04, 2015 07:43AM) Ken Stone Admin
I'm assuming that you are asking about FCP 7. When you open a new Sequence and drop the ProRes 422 into the timeline you should get a dialog box asking if you want the sequence settings to match the clip settings, say 'yes'.

If you are not getting this dialog box, go into the FCP Prefs, there is a setting there that turns on this option.

--ken
Re: editing converted ProRes 422 footage on FCP7 - sequence advise (November 04, 2015 08:30AM) JavaPop
Re: editing converted ProRes 422 footage on FCP7 - sequence advise (November 04, 2015 08:33AM) Ken Stone Admin
Don't really remember when this came in and am no longer running legacy FCP. In the screen shot you provided , top right check 'Prompt for settings on New Sequence' and then open a new sequence.

--ken
Re: editing converted ProRes 422 footage on FCP7 - sequence advise (November 04, 2015 08:46AM) JavaPop
It looks the same on my version 7. The only difference is that there is only a single prompt for ProRes. I did go into sequence settings, and was able to match the video this time, and after creating a new sequence, it appears to work!

Thanks for helping me troubleshoot it!

-another fine day at
GreenPeas Productions
www.greenpeas.us
<")))))><
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login