Re: Unable to Keyframe Scale In Text Slider Setting

Unable to Keyframe Scale In Text Slider Setting (November 26, 2015 04:03AM) philsfilm
Hi Ken,

I'm using Text Slider in FCP X to animate a title to move from left to right. However, it will not let me keyframe the scale on the title so that it grows in size as travels across the screen. When I use Transform in the Video setting, for some reason, it enlarges the background scene on the first video level instead of just the title.

-Phil
Re: Unable to Keyframe Scale In Text Slider Setting (November 27, 2015 06:47PM) ronny courtens
Hi Phil,

If for some reason you cannot use the Transform tool on the title clip without affecting the video underneath: put the title clip into a compound clip (ALT+G), then use the Transform tools to move and scale the CC.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Unable to Keyframe Scale In Text Slider Setting (November 28, 2015 01:09AM) philsfilm
Hmm. Interesting. Thanks, Ronny.

As I get more and more familiar with FCP X and learning more little tricks, I'm also discovering little kinks. Maybe this is something like a bug that Apple will work out. I'll use Feedback to report it. The system is evolving.

-Phil
Re: Unable to Keyframe Scale In Text Slider Setting (November 28, 2015 06:35AM) philsfilm
Even doing that, Ronny, the Text Slider animated title does not work smoothly with Transform. So I redid it as a Basic Keyframable Title and moved it and scaled it up that way using Transform. Worked fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login