Re: deleting a library in FCPX

deleting a library in FCPX (January 18, 2016 02:25PM) Curtis
I selected one by one each event in the library "2014 weds" (which are stored on an external Lacie 3tb drive) and moved to trash. couldn't find any way to empty the trash, even in FCPX help. But maybe that's not a problem.
What is a problem is that I now have a window in FCPX that says - set storage locations for the library "2014 weds". there are 3 types of media listed; media, cache, backups; and a drop down for each to choose a location other than 'in Library'. When I click OK another window appears saying “.fcpcache.tmp” couldn’t be removed. Click OK and I'm back to the first prompt. Now I'm stuck with that window, cannot even quit FCPX. I did find “.fcpcache.tmp” on my desktop (a cube looking icon like a plug-in) so I trashed it and emptied trash. But I'm still stuck. Also, all those media files never appeared in the trash bin on my computer. I also moved the "2014 weds" library icon on the external drive to trash.
Re: deleting a library in FCPX (January 18, 2016 03:10PM) Curtis
Not sure if this was the right thing to do, but I force quit FCPX, restarted the computer, repaired permissions, and opened FCPX.
Seems to be OK. I'm now importing media for the first edit in the new library "2016 weds".
Re: deleting a library in FCPX (January 19, 2016 12:54AM) ronny courtens
Hi Curtis,

To delete a Library you just need to put the Library icon to the Trash. If the Library contains links to external media, you also can delete these external media if you wish. Just make sure that the external media are not being used in other projects in other Libraries.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login