Re: streamclip format

streamclip format (February 14, 2016 03:09AM) Martin Sayles
Hi,

After importing an mp4 clip, I assume the best method for fcp is to export to QT, but which compression do I choose to import to fcp? Default is "apple motion jpeg a".

Thank you.
Re: streamclip format (February 14, 2016 01:10PM) David Harbsmeier
You don't say what version of FCP you have, but if it's one of the legacy versions (FCP 7 or prior), you need to convert the MPEG-4 clip to the format that completely matches your FCP Sequence settings. And when I say completely match, that means codec, pixel resolution, frame rate, audio sampling rate, etc, etc. You can also use Compressor to do the conversion.

-DH
Re: streamclip format (February 14, 2016 06:54PM) Martin Sayles
Hi,

I have 7 and X. I haven't started anything yet, and just going to use stills and text, so no other codecs involved. I read somewhere to use dvcpro?
Re: streamclip format (February 14, 2016 10:06PM) David Harbsmeier
If you use FCP 7, I'd recommend using either ProRes 422. But you say you plan to use only stills and text ... if that's correct, why ask about an MP4 clip?

-DH
Re: streamclip format (February 15, 2016 06:36AM) Martin Sayles
I have one video clip that I'm mixing with the pics/text. For some reason, the pull down menu is limited from what I remember, and does not include prores (as well as lots of others). Any idea why?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login