Re: Scrambled FCP X layout when re-opening

Scrambled FCP X layout when re-opening (March 18, 2016 07:18AM) philsfilm
This is a small complaint or caveat. Whenever I close out of a Library in FCPX, I keep the Event in the Browser which contains my Projects open. The idea being that when I re-open the Library, that Event with the Projects will be immediately available so that I can jump right back into editing where I left off. This was my procedure in FCP 7 and it worked perfectly.
However, when I re-open in FCPX, some other Event is open, such as Audio or Select Takes, which I have to close after which I have to open the Projects Event. Not a big deal but it would be nice if the state of the Library would be the same when I re-open as when I close it. It would save me a few seconds of time. Not only that, but in most cases, the order of the Projects in my Project Event which is based on ascending time code (1:00:00:00, 2:00:00:00, etc.) has been completely scrambled out of order. Granted, it only takes a click of the mouse to get it back in the correct order but again, it would be a valuable time-saver, if I didn't have to do this.

So my question: is there a way upon closing the Library that I can preserve its layout for re-opening?

Thanks,
Phil
Re: Scrambled FCP X layout when re-opening (March 20, 2016 08:49PM) ronny courtens
Hi Phil,

Saving custom FCP X window layouts is a feature that is already inside the application, but has not been activated yet. It may take some time before it is fully implemented, but I'm pretty sure it's on the radar.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Scrambled FCP X layout when re-opening (March 21, 2016 12:23AM) philsfilm
Ronny,

I reported this to Apple in the Feedback. I just find it a bit annoying and time-consuming to have close Events that I don't need open and sift through to find the one that I want to open, mainly my Project Event. My Libraries are relatively small.
I'm sure yours are quite large. Do you have this problem and, if so, how do you deal with it? Is there any trick until Apple resolves it. IMO, it's a very sloppy feature in FCP X.

Thanks,
Phil
Re: Scrambled FCP X layout when re-opening (March 21, 2016 12:52AM) ronny courtens
Whenever I want to have an overview of all my Projects, I select the Projects Smart Collection that is created by default inside the Smart Collections folder of every Library. If this Smart Collection is selected when you close the application, it will remain selected when you re-launch FCP X and you will get an instant overview of all your Projects.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login